Due to the unpredictable impact of COVID-19, information on this site may change from time to time, even if it is definitive.
Call for Papers & Abstract Submission
Call for Papers
We encourage the submission of papers describing work related to the symposium topics.
Each contributor should submit 1 page (A4 paper) of an abstract and contact information via the ALC'22 web site by the deadline shown below.
The program committee will make a decision to accept or reject titles by August 1 (Mon) 2022, and the decision will be announced by e-mail to each author.
Accepted authors can submit a manuscript for journal with peer review.
See the Publication page in detail.
Students can apply to the student awards.
Everyone can apply to the excellent presentation awards.
In addition, young scientists (non-students) can apply to the financial support for young scientists.
How to Prepare Camera Ready Abstract
1 page of camera-ready abstract must be in clear English and typed within a rectangle 170 mm wide by 240 mm high (left/right/top/bottom margins of 20/20/27/30 mm) on A4 paper (NOT US letter). The required format is:
- Title (12-point, bold, Times New Roman or Times like font), centered at the top of the page.
- Author's name(s), affiliation(s), address(es) and e-mail address of the corresponding author, centered below the title with one blank line using 10-point Times New Roman or Times like font. Underline the name of the speaker.
- Two columns (each column has 81 mm width and the column spacing is 8 mm) of body text should start after one blank line using 10-point Times New Roman or Times like font, including references and figure/table if necessary. Please use single line spacing.
- Abstracts will be distributed electronically, so that it is recommended to use color figures and tables. However, please be considerate of those who have difficulty distinguishing colors and do not rely solely on color as possible.
- Page numbers should NOT be included.
- Convert the prepared file into PDF format using Adobe Acrobat or other compatible software. Other file types are NOT acceptable.
- The PDF file must be smaller than or equal to 1.5 MB. If it is larger than 1.5 MB, try reducing file size by Acrobat.
Templates for Camera Ready Abstract
Selected papers will be considered for publication in Special Topic Collections of
You can choose either of the above journal.
Please follow one of the instructions below when preparing and submitting your paper.
All manuscripts are reviewed to the same standards as regular submissions.
Note that article processing charge is free for both journals.
To be published, the manuscript must:
- present original findings, conclusions or analysis that have not been published previously by the authors or others,
- be free of errors and ambiguities,
- support conclusions with data and analysis,
- be written clearly, and
- have high impact in its field, which must be within the scope of topics covered by the journal
For both journals, use of color in figures is encouraged.
Prepare illustrations in the final published size, not oversized or undersized.
How to Submit Your Manuscript for Publication
- Prepare your manuscript according to the instructions page. The authors are encouraged to use color figures and movies.
- Visit the ScholarOne to submit your manuscript. Please create your account first if you have never logged in before.
- Choose “Author” tab on the top, and “Start Submission” menu on the left, then “Begin Submission”.
- Please choose “Conference Paper” for [Type] in Step 1 (Type, Title, & Abstract), otherwise you will be required to pay a submission fee.
- In Step 3 (Attributes), choose “Conference-ALC” for [Conference Name], and select a desired type (e.g. “Conference (Regular Paper)”) for [Conference Paper Type].
- See also “How to select Conference Paper Type in the submission process”.
- Prepare your manuscript according to the page “Preparing Your Manuscript”.
- Visit Peer X-Press to submit your manuscript. Please create your account first if you have never logged in before.
- Authors should select “Article” as the type of paper within the conference special issue (not Letter, Note, etc.)
It is also important to tell us that your paper is a part of a Special Collection by choosing the “ALC 2022 Special Collection” from the drop-down list in the Manuscript Classification tab.
- Fill in other fields as same as a normal submission, and proceed.
Acceptable manuscript file types are MS Word or LaTeX. For the initial submission/review process, a single PDF, MS Word or LaTeX file including the figures is sufficient. However, once a paper is accepted, a MS Word or LaTeX file of the text, any tables, and the list of figure captions along with the separate figure files will be required for final production.
December 12 (Mon) 2022
March 22 (Wed) 2023
Presentation Instructions (TENTATIVE)
Instructions for Oral Presentations
A PC projector is available for oral presentations. Please bring your own laptop and connect it to our system during a break time prior to the session featuring your presentation. Since the projector has a normal VGA connector (analog RGB), do not forget to bring a VGA adopter if your PC has a non-VGA (i.e. HDMI, DVI, mini DisplayPort etc.) connector.
- Tutorial lectures: 60 min including discussion
- Plenary lectures: 50 min including discussion
- Invited oral presentations: 30 min including 5 min discussion
- Contributed oral presentations: 20 min including 5 min discussion
- Student Award presentations: 5 min without discussion
Instructions for Poster Presentations
- The size of the poster board has not yet been determined. As soon as it is determined, we will announce it here.
When preparing your poster, please include a program number, a title of your presentation and listed author(s). A sign with your program number will be placed at the location where you are to display your work.
Presenters are requested to be present at (or near) their poster during the times scheduled for poster viewing.
Posters must be removed following your session by the presenting authors. Please note that we cannot take responsibility for any posters left on the boards after the session. Posters will be removed and discarded by the conference committee if they remain on the poster boards the next morning after the poster session.